We offer a number of services to improve comfort, energy efficiency and durability for existing homes and new construction:
- Design Consulting: We assist architects and builders with building envelope and mechancial systems to comply with building codes or meet standards set by green builidng programs like Zero Energy Ready or Passive House.
- Performance Testing: We offer code required blower door testing for airtightness, duct leakage testing, mechancial ventilation system testing and balancing. We include a thorough analysis of where there may be deficiencies and how to improve them.
- Home Energy Rating: For new homes and major remodels, the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rating is a nationally-recognized standard for measuring a home’s energy efficiency, like a miles-per-gallon rating for homes. It starts with an energy model during the design process which can be used as a tool to compare different options for the home’s major systems. As the home is built, we provide third party inspection and testing to confirm the HERS Rating.
- Green Building Program Certification: A HERS rating is a first step for several green building programs. We serve as an independent rater/verifier for Energy Star Homes, EPA Indoor airPLUS, DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes, EPA Indoor Air Plus, Built Green and PHIUS. We also help builders obtain incentives like the PSE High Performance Homes incentive and 45L Tax Credit.
- Energy Assessment: For existing homes, an energy assessment is a great way to learn where energy waste is occurring and how to reduce utility bills while improving comfort and health. Our energy audits include duct leakage + blower door testing, thermal imaging and combustion safety testing.