We offer a number of services to improve comfort, energy efficiency and durability for existing homes and new construction:
- Energy Audit: For existing homes, an energy audit is a great way to learn where energy waste is occurring and how to reduce utility bills while improving comfort and health. Our energy audits include duct leakage + blower door testing, thermal imaging and combustion safety testing.
- Energy Code Compliance: We assist architects and builders with complying with Washington State Energy Code including design review, energy credits, air leakage and duct leakage testing.
- Home Energy Rating: For new homes and major remodels, the Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rating is a nationally-recognized standard for measuring a home’s energy efficiency, like a miles-per-gallon rating for homes. It starts with an energy model during the design process which can be used as a tool to compare different options for the home’s major systems. As the home is built, we provide third party inspection and testing to confirm the HERS Rating.
- Green Building Program Certification: A HERS rating is a first step for several green building programs. We serve as an independent rater/verifier for Energy Star Homes, EPA Indoor airPLUS, and DOE Zero-Energy Ready Homes. We also help builders obtain incentives like the PSE High Performance Homes incentive and 45L Tax Credit.
- HVAC Design: We perform detailed calculations to help design high performance heating, cooling, ventilation, and hot water systems. For existing homes, we can evaluate the performance of HVAC systems and make recommendations for replacement. We serve as a third party consultant to help clients obtain competitive bids and chose a contractor to install.